Topics World Road Congress Paris 2007
La Defence Cedex, France – At its meeting in Turin, March 2006, on proposal of the Strategic Planning Commission, the Executive Committee approved the topics
- the Ministers’ Session: User charging: future trends.
- The Strategic Direction Sessions:
- ST1 Challenges for the sustainable development of road systems;
- ST2 Sustainable roads: part of the transport chain in a globalised world;
- ST3 Risk management: a new approach to improving safety;
- ST4 Asset management: technical inputs to decision making.
First Delegates of PIARC member countries are invited to submit National Reports for the Strategic Direction Sessions. The decision, for
which sessions a National Report will be submitted, should reach the Secretariat General in Paris by
15 June 2006. All National Reports must be forwarded by 31 October 2006. National Committees should support their First Delegates in preparing these reports.
On proposal of the Strategic Planning Commission, the Executive Committee approved 19 topics for Special Sessions.
Congress information: www.paris2007-route.fr
A call for individual contributions on selected topics has been launched in order to enrich and broaden the views and work of the PIARC Technical Committees. Information on topics and key dates at: www.piarc.org/en/paris2007/callforpapers/