Balfour Beatty plc: robust profit and earnings growth
Interim Results for the half-year ended 1 July 2006
London, United Kingdom
- Pre-tax profit* up by 15% at £60 million
- Strong operating cash performance of £133m
- Adjusted earnings per share up by 23% to 11.4p
- Interim dividend increased by 11% to 3.9p
- Order book reaches new record level at £8.8 billion
- Two PPP concessions reach financial close
- Acquisitions add strength to core businesses
“It is pleasing to report another period of robust profit and earnings growth, supported by a further strengthening of both our cash position and our order book.
We have also enhanced the future earnings growth potential of the business with acquisitions in UK rail, US construction services and UK regional and specialist civil engineering.
Trading prospects in our key sectors remain positive. Our strategy for the future growth and development of the business is clear and we are confident that we will continue to make good progress in 2006 and beyond.”
Sir David John, Chairman
Ian Tyler, Chief Executive