Skanska Six Month Report, January-June 2006
Solna, Sweden – January-June 2006 compared to January-June 2005
- Revenue amounted to SEK 58.9 billion (56.4). In Construction, revenue rose by 2 percent adjusted for currency rate effects.
- Operating income for the Group amounted to SEK 2,567 M (2,408).
- During the period, commercial properties with a value of SEK 2,543 M (3,128) were divested, with gains amounting to SEK 1,205 M (1,226).
- Income after financial items amounted to SEK 2,676 M (2,476).
- Profit for the period amounted to SEK 2,006 M (1,833). Earnings per share thus amounted to SEK 4.77 (4.37).
- Interest-bearing net receivables amounted to SEK 9,132 M (6,413).
- Order bookings rose by 41 percent and amounted to SEK 71.5 billion (50.7).
In the second quarter, Skanska signed the contract for the British PPP hospital project Barts and The London, worth SEK 13.6 billion. Excluding this contract, order bookings rose by 14 percent. Adjusted for currency rate effects, order bookings rose by 36 percent.
Order backlog totaled SEK 138.0 billion (126.2), equivalent to 14 (12) months of construction.