Skanska’s annual shareholder’s meeting
Solna, Sweden – The following decisions were made at Skanska AB’s Annual Shareholder’s Meeting in Stockholm 2008-04-03:
- The dividend for 2007 was approved in accordance with the Board’s proposal of SEK 5.25 per share (preceding year SEK 4.75) and an extraordinary dividend of SEK 3.00 per share (3.50). The record date for the dividend is April 8, 2008.
- Sverker Martin-Löf, Jane F. Garvey, Finn Johnsson, Sir Adrian Montague, Lars Pettersson and Matti Sundberg were reelected members of the Board of Directors.
- Johan Karlström and Bengt Kjell were elected new members. Stuart Graham, Anders Nyrén and Curt Källströmer declined reelection.
- Bengt Kjell is Executive Vice President of AB Industrivärden. Johan Karlström is the President and CEO of Skanska as of April 3.
- Sverker Martin-Löf was reelected Chairman of the Board.
- The Annual Shareholder’s Meeting resolved to authorize the Board during the period until the next Annual Shareholder’s Meeting to acquire a maximum of 4,500,000 own B shares. The purpose to secure shares to participants in the Skanska Employee Ownership Program decided at the Extraordinary Shareholder’s Meeting held in November 2007.
- Departing President and CEO Stuart Graham was thanked at the Meeting for his contribution to the company.