Wat ga je doen
Simavi is looking for an experienced
Simavi is an ambitious, growing development organization. Our head office is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and we have local representations in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Tanzania and Uganda. In partnership with local civil society organisations, we improve the health of marginalised communities in the poorest regions in developing countries in Africa and Asia. Together with local communities, the private sector, knowledge institutes and governments we address Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights as well as the basic need for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene- because we believe that those two themes are the basic determinants for a good health. We campaign to engage the general public and involve them in what we do. We are a member of the Watershed Alliance, a member of the GUSO (Get Up Speak Out) Alliance, and take part in many more initiatives and alliances.
Simavi is committed to an optimal relationship and cooperation with our partners in order to achieve the best results and impact. The Partner Satisfaction Surveys (PSS) are conducted to identify weaknesses and strengths and to improve on processes and procedures for our (future) partnerships/ collaborations. Moreover, good partner relations are indispensable for the work that Simavi does, since partner (organizational) capacity strengthening is one of the pivotal parts of our Theory of Change (ToC). Strong local partners can represent the health needs and rights of communities at local, national and international levels.
Simavi is seeking to hire an external consultant to conduct the 2017 PSS to assess the quality of the partnerships and cooperation. An external consultant who might have new and fresh insights, and who is not biased by any internal incentives. The last PSS was conducted in 2013, following the ones from 2007 and 2010. This PSS will be conducted among the local and NL alliance partners that Simavi has been working with in the new programme cycle from 2016 onwards.
Objectives of the assignment
- Establish partner satisfaction by collecting realistic feedback from partners obtained through a process assuring participating organizations can speak freely without affecting the current relationship.
- Help better understand what Simavi’s added value is/could be to its partners
- Establish the extent Simavi’s partnership/support allows organisations to achieve impact
- Provide recommendations, lessons-learnt and suggestions for follow-up action that helps Simavi to improve its procedures, processes, and partner policy.
The consultant is expected to:
- develop a methodology and tools to assess the partnerships in consultation with Simavi
- deliver an inception report with a planning, methodology, tools, and data analysis plan.
- compile a cleaned, complete, reliable and workable dataset
- write concise report including most important findings, lessons learnt, recommendations, and follow-up action points
- facilitate workshop for Simavi staff (presentation findings, lessons learnt, recommendations, and follow-up actions)
Currently Simavi works in 9 countries in Asia and Africa, and the Netherlands, and collaborates with nearly 100 “southern” and approximately 20 “northern” partner organisations in 25 programmes and projects. The consultant, with Simavi’s facilitation, will be responsible for collecting as many responses as possible, so as to assure representativeness.
Apart from a general survey Simavi suggests to conduct 2 case studies, so as to triangulate findings from the survey and get more in-depth understanding of the quality of collaboration.
The assessment should cover the following topics:
• Partner(ship) profile
• Technical assistance
o Organizational capacity (Organisational self-assessment, action plans)
o Thematic capacity (knowledge exchange)
o L&A capacity (networking with other organisations and institutes)
• Relations and communication
• Procedures, Monitoring and reporting
• Funding, budget and finance issues
• General opinion on collaboration with Simavi
The consultancy is expected to take a total of 15 days:
• Inception meeting, report, and developing tools: 4 days
• Sending (link to) survey questionnaire and follow-ups: 3 days
• Conduct interviews for case studies: 3 days
• Data cleaning: 1 day
• Data analysis and write up report: 3 days
• (Preparation and) workshop: 1 day
Starting date consultancy: October 20
Finalised pss tool: October 27
Sending and resending surveys /reminders: October 27 – November 20
Conducting interviews for case studies: October 27 – November 20
Data cleaning, analysis, write up: November 20 – November 25
Present findings: November 30
Documents to be made available by Simavi
- Satisfaction Survey Report 2007, 2010, and 2013
- List and contact details of partners to be surveyed
Competences and experience
- Experience with assessing quality of partnerships
- Strong capacity in data collection, management and data analysis
- Strong capacity in organizational development, will be able to recommend action points for organization change.
- Fluency in English
We invite interested consultants to submit the following application documents:
- Expression of interest addressing track record and selection criteria
- A short technical proposal outlining proposed activities schedule/work plan with time frame
- CV of applicant
- Example(s) of previous similar work
In the selection process, particular attention will be given to track record and examples of previous similar work. Availability between October and November is criticalVereiste kwalificatiesExtra informatie
For further information please contact: Jos Winters, PME officer, +31(0)23 531 80 55, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or visit our website: www.simavi.nl (Dutch) or www.simavi.org (English).
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.