Simavi is an ambitious, growing development organization. Our head office is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and we have local representations in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Tanzania and Uganda. In partnership with local civil society organisations, we improve the health of marginalised communities in the poorest regions in developing countries in Africa and Asia. Together with local communities, the private sector, knowledge institutes and governments we address Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights as well as the basic need for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene- because we believe that those two themes are the basic determinants for a good health. We campaign to engage the general public and involve them in what we do. We are the lead agent of the WASH Alliance international (WAI), a member of the Watershed Alliance, a member of the GUSO (Get Up Speak Out) Alliance, and take part in many more initiatives and alliances. Wat ga je doen
Simavi is looking for an experienced, representative and inspiring Senior Programme Manager WASHVereiste kwalificaties
In this exciting and challenging position you develop, create and implement WASH programmes based on the Simavi Theory of Change, strategic plan and programme policy. Next to this, you manage relations with donors and partners in the North, identify and scout for new partners and donors for our WASH programmes, and you deliver expertise on WASH to the different departments within Simavi.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
1. Development and creation of WASH programmes for Simavi.
a) Pro-actively create and develop programmes (both on content and finance) in line with Simavi’s Theory of Change, thematic focus, policy, country strategy, procedures and criteria;
b) Identify funds and possible partnerships with external donors to create and develop programmes;
c) Write programme propositions and proposals, as well as budgets;
d) Active networking with policy makers, potential and existing donors.
2. Implementation of large, multi-country multi stakeholder programmes.
a) Implement programmes in line with quality standards, planning and budget;
b) Ensure progress in implementation; write and assess reports, identify and solve bottlenecks, communicate about progress, ensure payments to partners, organise studies, missions and evaluations;
c) Write narrative and financial reports to external donors;
d) Ensure contractual and financial arrangements after programme development and approval.
3. Development of WASH expertise in specific themes
a) Provide strong technical input to programmes in the creation, development and implementation phase, as well as technical input in communication and lobby and advocacy trajectories;
b) Maintain external relations on specific areas of expertise, identify learning, networking and funding opportunities on this;
c) Analyse market developments and trends relevant for Simavi, and translate those into Simavi policies and programmes;
d) Represent Simavi in networks and fora relevant for Simavi, through attending and speaking at conferences and debates.
4. Account managing and travels
a) Account holder for programme partners (Northern and/or Southern) and represents Simavi in various consortia;
b) Active relation management with key stakeholders;
c) Where necessary, conclude contracts and MoU’s with partners and within consortia;
d) To effectively do this, the Senior Programme Manager WASH will travel at least three times a year.
- You have an academic level of education (MSc);
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in the WASH sector, of which at least 5 years of relevant working experience on WASH in developing countries (preferably in one of Simavi’s focus countries);
- Demonstrated experience and affinity with working with civil society organisations in developing countries (incl. capacity strengthening);
- In-depth knowledge on all aspects of sustainable WASH (e.g. IWRM, Climate Change, CLTS, Nutrition);
- Experience with public private partnerships and development financing;
- Excellent consortium management skills (both in lead and led positions);
- Excellent programme management skills;
- Good knowledge of and positioning in the WASH networks (including donors) and institutional environment both in the Netherlands and abroad;
- Communication, social, representation and diplomacy skills in a multicultural context;
- Inspiring team player;
- Fluency in English, preferably also in Dutch (both speaking and writing);
- Dutch citizen or in possession of legal entitlement to live and work in the Netherlands.
Simavi is committed to recruiting qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds in order to achieve workforce diversity. Please note that in case of equal qualifications, a male candidate holds our preference.
Simavi offers you
- An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic and international working environment, with substantial personal freedom;
- A contract for 1 year with possible extension for 36 hours per week;
- A gross monthly salary between € 3,700.- and € 4,360.- on a fulltime basis of 36 hours;
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 2 minutes walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
If you have any questions, please contact our Director of Programmes Ewout van Galen (email@example.com).
Or visit our website: www.simavi.nl (Dutch) or www.simavi.org (English).
How to apply?
In case you recognise yourself in the profile we are looking forward to receive your application before March 26th 2017. Please send your letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org, using reference Sr. Programme Manager WASH.
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.