About this companyWat ga je doen
Airborne Oil & Gas is a young and dynamic company, that designs and manufactures high-end Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP) for the oil and gas industry. The head office is near Amsterdam in The Netherlands, with offices in Houston and Kuala Lumpur. The company is constantly developing. We are a young multinational, operating world-wide, currently employing 22 nationalities. TCP is a revolutionary product that enables Airborne Oil & Gas to become an important supplier to the oil and gas industry. The application of TCP allows for change of the current ways of working and enables more cost efficient project execution. The atmosphere at Airborne Oil & Gas is enterprising, pioneering and collegial, together we are building a unique product.
Wanted! A Mechanical Test Engineer for our high end Thermoplastic Composite Pipe
Airborne Oil & Gas – Amsterdam area, The Netherlands
Airborne Oil & Gas has an opportunity for a Mechanical Test Engineer who will help build a highly professional organization together with an ambitious and entrepreneurial team in an exciting and demanding environment.
About this job
The Test Engineering team is based in the Engineering department of AOG and consists of Mechanical Test Engineers and Mechanical Test Operators. The department has its own test lab, which includes, among others, equipment for high pressure testing, temperature controlled pipe burst chambers, static test machine, chemical test facilities and DSC. Other test equipment is used from external suppliers as well as universities.
We are seeking a Mechanical Test Engineer who will be responsible for preparing, execution, analyzing and reporting tests of our products and materials ensuring they reach the highest possible standards. You will be working in a project based environment in close relation with other departments in AOG and responsible for implementing the customer requirements into the test scope. As the Mechanical Test Engineer you will perform regular tasks as described below as well as designing new test methods and equipment. The equipment design is required for static as well as dynamic test setups (small and large).
- Prepare and coordinate testing (qualification, functional and acceptance testing)
- Assessing and reporting of test results
- Test equipment designs
- Translation of test requirements based on the client requirements
- Brainstorming in the design of test methods and equipment
- Advising and thinking in solutions
- Keeping abreast of new developments in the discipline and in the market and anticipating new developments regarding new materials and constructions
Desired Skills and Experience
The organisation is maturing and continuously developing. You will apply your skills and experience from working in high performing organizations in a relatively young and developing company. This requires a broad experience, a hands-on mentality, a self-starter attitude, pro-active communication skills and excellent people skills. You take full responsibility for scope that has been allocated to you and are used to taking the lead and focus on objectives and results.
- Not essential, however any previous mechanical and/or chemical testing experience would be a bonus
- Design of static and dynamic test equipment (including hydraulics, controls)
- Electric and control systems
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of composite products
Competences and attributes
- Good reporting skills
- Inquisitive mindset
- Good IT-literacy, especially in MS Office and basic CAD experience
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast moving environment
- Strong all-round communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Fluent in Dutch and excellent command of English (written & spoken)
- Be able to work, learn and adapt in a very fast-paced environment (no 9 - 5 environment)
- HTS / TU Engineering, Aeronautical, Mechanical Engineering or similar
We offer you a role within a dynamic, growing and innovative company. You will work in a pleasant, open and challenging work place with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Salary indication will be based on your relevant knowledge and work experience
- Airborne Oil & Gas has its own pension scheme
- 32 holidays
- Location IJmuiden
Information & procedure
Recruiter: HR_AOG AOG
For further information you can contact our HR department, phone; + 31 (0)255 763563. Apply on company website.
Third party applications are not appreciated.